Chips&Media’s WAVE5 series is one of the most advanced hardware video decoder and Codec IP core which supports the next generation HEVC standard known as H.265, Google's VP9, and Chinese AVS2 with optimized size.
The WAVE5 series is the 2nd generation video IP which is enhanced performance for high-end UHD SoC. It requires only about 380MHz clock frequency to decode 3840x2160 60fps video or 3840x2160 30fps two channel videos.
In addition to its superior 4K 60fps performance, the WAVE5 series also provides maximum bandwidth efficiency and exceptional low power consumption, which are today’s most demanding requirements across all connected devices. It employs frame buffer compression technology named CFrameTM which can save on average 50~70?ndwidth access to memory.
The WAVE5 series is suitable for applications across various industry segments including ultra high-definition televisions(UHDTVs), set-top boxes(STBs), VR·ARs, smartphones, tablets, camcorders, cameras, and any others with super- high resolution.
- Fully compatible with ISO/IEC 23008-2 HEVC(H.265) Main/Main10 Profile L5.1
-32-bit AMBA3 APB bus
-128-bit AMBA3 AXI buses
- 3840x2160p 60fps @ 380MHz
- 1920x1080p x 4ch. 60fps @ 380MHz
- 3840x2160p x 2ch. 30fps @ 380MHz
HEVC Decoding Tools
- Fully Compatible with ISO/IEC 23008-2 HEVC(H.265) Main profile10 L5.0/L5.1
- Up to 8192x8192 pixel resolution
- I/P/B picture decoding
- Configurable bit-depth of 8-bit or 10-bit
- Coding Unit(CU) sizes from 8x8 to 64x64
- Prediction Unit(PU) sizes from 4x4 to 64x64
- Transform Unit(TU) sizes from 4x4 to 32x32
- Supports all intra prediction sizes and modes
- Supports all inter prediction sizes and modes
- Advanced motion vector prediction
- CABAC(Context Adaptive Binary Arithmetic Coding)
- De-blocking filter
- Sample Adaptive Offset(SAO) filter
- Tiles, Slices and WPP for multi-core extension
- Media Tablet PCs
- Portable Multimedia Players
- Desktop & Laptop PCs
- Digital TVs
- Digital Set-top boxes(STBs)
- Video Game Consoles
- Blu-ray Players
- Automotive Infotainment